Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Stern Rail ordered: 07-31-06

It's "official". I sent another email Monday pesterng them, and I got got a phone call from Tops in Quality late in the morning while I was looking up another stainless fabricator. A nice fellow on the other end, but not the one who was on vacation last week - and this week too, evidently. I could use one. Anyway, he asked a couple of questions about my measurements (for the stern rail, that is), which I answered, then he took my credit card number and said he'd send me a fax of the order. I should have done the phone thing in the first place. (Still haven't recieved that fax yet.) I'm cautiously optimistic that this stern rail order will actually happen...

Other than that, more hot humid weather on the way, right after the thunderstorms roll through. After covering the boat - again, I'm really thinking hard about getting a "real" temporary shelter. The reality is, I won't be getting the boat back in the water this season (sigh), and it'd be really nice to be able to just scurry under the canopy and get to work rather than this infernal covering and uncovering the boat.