Saturday, July 01, 2006

One Panel Off

OK. I'm new to this, but I'm guesing this is NOT delaminated!

I started with my circular saw a buzzed 4 or 5 panels along the side deck. I finished cutting them out with a dremel and cutting bit. Worked pretty well.

Then I went about prying up this piece. I chose it because I thought it'd be the worst one. This was my first clue there wasn't a lot of delamination here. Tough job, but I finally got it up in one piece.

Next, I went about removing the not-so-bad core. It took me all morning to chisel/pry/scrape the stuff out of this one area. Although the core was definitely wet along the coachroof side and one spot along the toe rail where a cleat was mounted, there were no really rotted sections.

In light of this, I'm rethinking my approach. I was anticipating doing the side deck with 4 or 5 panels. But if looking at the core along the cut line is any indication, I may determine whether or not to even tackle a section if wet core didn't show up in the perimeter.
but now I think I'll cut smaller sections so they'll be easier to get off and so I can determine even if I'll remove that particular section...

Long morning, but a really nice day! Onward through the fog.