Monday, October 02, 2006

And September is done...

That was a quick month! Wow!

Updates: A new October Web Album added to the right. It probably won't see to much action.I'll shut down the recore after the port side deck it glassed over. On nice days with nothing else to do - heh, I have a myriad of other projects I can do in the meantime.

Port side deck recore: the core is replaced, skins are glued, and the (gasp) grinding is done. All that remains is to lay the fiberglass and complete the scarf joints. I'm going to try and procure Scott's services for this. It's much faster and more enjoyable with a helping hand around. I'll be sure and stock up on beer to pay him.

One note on the coamings. Saturday was really nice and sunny. I laid the coaming in the sunshine on the driveway for the afternoon to warm it up a bit. Then, before I mixed the epoxy, I gave the squirt of resin a good blast with the heat gun to thin it a bit. Then, I mixed in the hardener and dribbled it into the holes I had drilled along the bottom edge. It seems to be coming out really nicely. It'll be nice to get to the varnishing stage.