Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Garage Preparations

The idea is to hang the coamings upside down to enable me to get at both sides when everything is stripped off and it comes time to varnish, then to pull them up and out of the way while they dry. But, no matter what I tried, the end closest to where I pull on it would rise first. I added blocks to the ceiling to reduced friction, flipped the coaming around, and tried moving the eye bolts around to practically every combination of holes in the coaming. As I write this, I'm thinking I haven't tried a block on the coaming itself yet. It still seems like friction on that first attachment point on the coaming is the issue...

With more rain in the forecast for the weekend, I'm going to try and get some of this indoor stuff started. After shelves, the first order of business is to remove the winches from the winch pads so I can start stripping the coamings. I've got plenty of other brightwork to attend to as well. And I've literally got buckets of hardware from the decks which need to be sorted through.